Mission Statement

Our mission is to send the "tangible" love of Jesus Christ to his orphaned children throughout the world in the form of a blanket or bear.

Vision

Our vision is to send that warm and cuddly feeling of love through blankets and bears to orphanages in Africa, then Asia and eventually to all third world countries.

Monday, October 6, 2008

The Vision

Blankets & Bears was started as a way to ministry to the hurting children in Africa. As a stay-at-home mother of three and former school teacher, one day at home I realized the overflow of blankets and stuffed animals or bears I had accumulated. I had just seen a commercial calling for the money donations to support the millions of orphans in Africa. Their little faces and hurting eyes stuck in my mind and I realized I could minister and send some form of love to these children. I know as a mother how my children have always clinged to a blanket or animal when I was away or when they were scared and it just fell together to send these hurting children some form of love and security in a blanket or bear.

No comments: