Mission Statement

Our mission is to send the "tangible" love of Jesus Christ to his orphaned children throughout the world in the form of a blanket or bear.

Vision

Our vision is to send that warm and cuddly feeling of love through blankets and bears to orphanages in Africa, then Asia and eventually to all third world countries.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Donating Locally

When I was in the process of starting Blankets & Bears one response I got was what about people here at home, I really didn't have an answer for them except that my heart has been lead to help the orphans in Africa. Isn't the plan always bigger than we could imagine! Today I got a thank you note from the Downtown Women's Shelter for Blankets & Bears support. We often have items donated to Blankets & Bears that are too large and too heavy for shipment, after going through all the items from our recent drive, my mom had dropped off some of these items to the shelter and I had dropped off some to another charity in Amarillo. Who would have thought that this mission wasn't just about helping those children in third world countries but it was also going to help here at home.

No comments: